Jun 25, 2012

European Cultural Swap / Intercanvi cultural europeu

I know that I recently took part in a cultural swap but, since I enjoyed the experience so much, I decided to give it a second try. This time, it was only three families participating: a family from Slovenia, another one from England and us.
I decided to make something different from the previous package. This time, I made a package with which the families could learn about our culture through the five senses. And this is what I came up with:

Sé que no fa molt vaig participar en un intercanvi cultural, però, com que em va agradar tant l'experiència, vaig decidir provar per segona vegada. Només hem participat tres famílies: una família d'Eslovènia, una d'Anglaterra i nosaltres. Em vaig decidir a fer un paquet diferent de l’anterior. Aquesta vegada, vaig fer un paquet amb el qual les famílies podien aprendre sobre la nostra cultura a través dels cinc sentits. I açò és el resultat:


Some info from the natural landscapes surrounding us and sample flowers and herbs we collected from the mountain and our balcony garden (SIGHT & SMELL).                                                                     Informació sobre els paratges naturals que tenim la sort de tindre a propet i unes mostres de les herbes i flors que trobem a la muntanya i a les nostres plantetes del balcó (VISTA I OLFACTE).

A handpainted fan (or ecological air conditioning), some fruit ice creams we usually eat in summer, shells we collected from the beach (SIGHT, TASTE, TOUCH)                                                             Un ventall pintat a mà, uns polos de fruites que solem menjar a l'estiu, petxines que vam agafar a la platja (VISTA, GUST, TACTE)

A popular tale, a set of Spanish miniature cards with instructions to play a game, a CD with popular children's songs (SIGHT & HEARING)                                                         Un conte popular, una xicoteta baralla de cartes amb instruccions per a jugar al "Cinquillo", un CD amb cançons per a xiquets.(VISTA I OÏDA) 

A piece of the fabric used for the traditional fallera's costume and a fallera peg doll made by me. I also sent a recipe to cook a paella.               Un retall de tela de vestit de fallera i una nina fallera feta per mi. També vaig enviar una recepta per a cuinar una paella. 


Thanks for your comments
Gràcies pels vostres comentaris

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I would love it if you would write a tutorial to make the fallera peg doll :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachael. It's very simple. I just cut a piece of the fabric used for the typical fallera costume and glued it to the "body" of the doll. For the hair, I used string rolled in a spiral resembling a bun and glued to the head. I drew the eyes and mouth with permanent marker. Easy peasy ;)

    ReplyDelete